ENSCO, Inc. contract vehicles offer comprehensive and convenient systems and software engineering services for the aviation, aerospace, rail transportation, and national security markets. Contract types include time and material, firm fixed price, and cost option.
Design Engineering Support Program (DESP III)
Available to: All federal agencies
ENSCO, Inc. is a member of the University of Dayton Research Institute (UDRI) team. The DESP III IDIQ Contract was established to provide a broad range of engineering services for any system or subsystem in the Air Force or DoD agency. ENSCO engineering services support objectives that focus on new designs, improving life cycle costs, operational life, performance, reliability, productivity, efficiency, and sustainment including maintainability and support, safety and environmental friendliness.
Future Flexible Acquisition Sustainment Tool (F2AST) Program
Available to: U.S. Air Force, other federal agencies
The Future Flexible Acquisition & Sustainment Tool (F2AST) is a contracting tool that provides acquisition and sustainment support for Air Force managed weapon systems and their support systems, line replaceable units, and shop replaceable units and components. F2AST establishes the means for the procurement of requirements to include modifications (hardware and software) for the enhancement of reliability, serviceability, maintainability and performance. Additionally, the program/contract(s) include improved/expanded form/fit/function development programs, procurement of previously owned aircraft, depot partnering opportunities, and maintenance.
As a member of the BAE Systems, Inc. team, the capabilities of ENSCO, Inc. include the provision of technical engineering support to the F2AST program, such as sustainment support of U.S. Air Force operated weapon systems, support systems, subsystems, components and related services.
Missile Defense Agency Engineering Services Support (MiDAESS) Program
Available to: Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
The Missile Defense Agency Engineering and Support Services (MiDAESS) contract encompasses the Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). The required engineering and technical support for A&AS includes senior level engineering, acquisition, financial, test, and operational expertise necessary to effectively execute support for agency, functional and program studies, assessments, strategic planning efforts, analyses, evaluations, studies, recommendations, advice, opinions, training, and general services.
As a member of the a.i. Solutions, Inc. team, the capabilities of ENSCO, Inc. include the provision of technical engineering services in support of the Missile Defense Agency Engineering Services Support (MiDAESS) Program in the areas of quality, safety and mission assurance support.
NASA – Kennedy Space Center (KSC) Engineering Support Services and Products
Available to: NASA, other federal agencies
As a subcontractor to QinetiQ North America, Inc., ENSCO, Inc. provides engineering products and services to support institutional engineering capability at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
Operations, Maintenance, Instrumentation and Analysis (OMI&A)
Available to: Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
ENSCO, Inc. as the prime contractor provides Operations, Maintenance, Instrumentation and Analysis (OMI&A) support for railroad research to the Federal Railroad Administration. These programs focus on the development and advancement of railroad safety technology through federally sponsored research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) efforts, which have the goal of improving the safety of an economically viable, efficient and reliable national railroad system. They may involve studies of existing or improved conventional railroad systems, as well as investigation of more advanced train concepts, such as high speed or magnetically levitated (maglev) vehicles. ENSCO further supports FRA research programs by providing engineering analysis and technical support to joint efforts conducted by the FRA with other organizations, such as the Association of American Railroads at the Transportation Technology Center, state organizations, Amtrak, other individual railroad companies, and academic research institutions.
Professional Engineering Services (PES) GSA Schedule 871
Type: Federal Supply Schedule
Available to: Federal agencies and authorized state and local government entities
Professional Engineering Services include concept development and requirements analysis, system design, engineering and integration, test and evaluation services, integrated logistics support services, acquisition, and life cycle management.
Kimberly Auandee, Director, Contracts and Procurement
Scientific, Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO)
Available to: DNDO
As a subcontractor to Schafer Corporation, ENSCO, Inc. provides Scientific, Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support in program and technical management, project analysis, technical writing, program planning, technical evaluation, operations support, test and evaluation, data development and management, and risk mitigation in support of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO).
John Thomason, Program Manager
SE-2020 NextGen Air Traffic Management Research & Development Program
Available to: Federal Aviation Agency (FAA), Washington, D.C.
As a teammate of Boeing in a leadership and supporting role, ENSCO, Inc. provides:
- Functional requirement weather data systems
- Functional requirement NAS experience (use and operation)
- Functional requirement built, defined and maintained integrated labs
Software Engineering Services
Type: IDIQ – Supplier Agreement
Available to: GE Aviation Systems
As a direct supplier to GE Aviation Systems, ENSCO, Inc. provides software engineering services to support GE products in Grand Rapids, Mich., Cincinnati, Ohio, and Bishop’s Cleeve, Gloucestershire, England. This includes GE's Flight Management Systems products (civil and military), computing environment products, mission management products, and GE engine software products, including commercial engine control system software, military engine control system software, and test equipment software products.
Systems and Software Engineering Services
Type: IDIQ – Supplier Agreement
Available to: Pratt and Whitney Canada Corp.
As a direct supplier to Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp., ENSCO, Inc. provides consulting and professional services in fields of software and systems engineering, and project management.
Technical Assistance for Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E)
Available to: Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
ENSCO, Inc. as the prime contractor may provide support of task orders for the following topics:
- Railroad vehicles; non-electric motive power and components
- Hazardous materials transportation by railroad
- Railroad operating practices
- Railroad track, structures and components
- Track and train Interaction
- Passenger and freight operations
- Advanced rail systems technology, including positive train control
- Railroad signal and communication control
- Electric traction power
- Program evaluation
Within the topic areas identified above, the contractor can expect to be requested to:
- Perform tests and evaluations on materials and/or hardware, including vehicles, involving stress, strain, strength, puncture resistance, deterioration, wear characteristics, flaw growth and fatigue under static and/or dynamic conditions with, where appropriate, the consideration of the influence of temperature changes and/or extremes
- Design, instrument and monitor tests to be performed by others
- Design, instrument, monitor or conduct tests to determine the operating envelope limits of railroad vehicles with regard to speed, curving, tipping, truck hunting, rail climb, load, vibration, consist configuration, terrain, track conditions, train handling, and other operating environment characteristics that may be relevant
- Design and/or conduct tests of the performance and safety implications of devices that may be installed or proposed for installation in or on a train to include such considerations as reliability, life expectancy of the device, visibility, placement, equipment/equipment interface, human/equipment interface, and functional value
- Evaluate track and equipment maintenance practices as they may affect the performance of the components serviced
- Design, fabricate, test or calibrate equipment intended to perform non-destructive evaluations of flaws or flaw growth in track and track components, vehicles and vehicle components and joiners such as welds, rivets, bolts
- Investigate, characterize and define the performance and safety implications of the dynamic interaction of trains and individual rail cars with track and track structures
- Evaluate or develop and validate selection, training, performance and performance qualification requirements, tests, practices and procedures for various railroad jobs
- Conduct fuel consumption studies and optimize fuel saving strategies that may be deployed
- Conduct evaluations in revenue service on advanced railroad components that improve safety
Traffic Management Infrastructure Systems (TMIS)
Available to: U.S. Department of Transportation
ENSCO, Inc. is a member of the Boeing Company team. The Traffic Management Infrastructure Systems (TMIS) IDIQ contract was established by the Department of Transportation’s VOLPE National Transportation Systems Center Research Innovative Technology Administration to provide a broad range of services to address tasks in all transportation modes — air, surface, marine and potentially space. The largest volume of tasking is in the aviation area to support the development of and transition to the NextGen. ENSCO's focus is aviation and NAS.